Friday 17 October 2008

Murloc Angling and Rural Pursuits - 17th October 2008

I headed to Murloc today with my mate Peter. We arrived at about 9.15am and where warmly greated by James. We settled up for our fishing and decided to set up on the lake, we set off to the far side, with the wind blowing into the bank it was gona be hard to get a cast out but would be good for letting the flies drift. The sun was also out and was quite bright so I opted for the old faithfull moorbrook bloodworm 5ft under the indicator. I hit a number of fish and at 10am I got my first fish to the bank and then next cast I got another one. At this jetty I got another 2 fish to the net. In this time Peter got 4 on the bloodworm after trying buzzers for most of the morning. I moved around the bank to the area without jettys after seeing some fish move, managed to wrangle another 4 fish out of this spot til about 2pm. The sun disappeared and a few fish began to move and I got another few takes but lost the fish. I then decided to switch onto the diawl bach/buzzer combo that has been working for me and went back to my original spot after no takes around rest of bank with the buzzers/diawl bach. First cast and I was letting the flies sink and BANG fish hit me like a bullet but after a good fight I got him in and he had swallowed the diawl bach, much to my annoyance as this was the only 1 I had left, but thats the way it goes so I cut the line and let the fish go. It also had a montana foulhooked in the cheek, so removed it with relative ease before returning it safely to the water. I switched then to a size 12 Olive buzzer and a size 12 Firefoil Buzzer and after a few crosswind casts I had a fish on, I thought it had taken the olive but when I got it up in the water so got him netted. Peter got another fish on a cormorant and also managed to sleep for an hour on the jetty. At about 3.30pm we decided to call it a day.

Overall I got 10 fish, must have lost the same and Peter got 5, Biggest was about 3lb between the pair of us. The weather stayed nice and the forcast showers never appeared. We left happy and you can't ask for more than that.

No comments: