Friday 12 September 2008

Murloc Angling and Rural Pursuits - 12th September 2008

Arrived at Murloc at 10am, with so much buzz about the fishery I was excited to get set up and chuck a fly or two. Firstly I was astounded by the lodge, it is fantastic. When I got out of the car I was greated by an energetic springer by the name of Fly. Upon entering the lodge I met Fred the owner and also Paul from our very own forum. I filled out a wee detail sheet to be put onto the Murloc waiting list and then Fred ran over the rules and also what flies had been working.

I moved round to a jetty and got set up, Fred has said that fish had been taking apple green buzzers so I set up with a size 12 olive buzzer on the point and a size 16 lime green buzzer on the dropper. I had a couple of bites and then a very subtle take resulted in a fish of about 2lb weight that shot off into the centre of the lake, great fight and not a fin out of place. I got 3 fish on the olive buzzer and a couple of bites on the small buzzers.

I moved around to another spot, with a few more bites a moved round the the bank opposite the lodge and set up with the olive buzzer on the dropper and a size 12 diawl bach on the point. great fun on this jetty, a further 5 taking the diawl bach. Paul managed to get 1 fish beside me on the diawl bach. With the sun shining brightly the fish stopped moving on the surface, at this point I put a size 12 moorbrook bloodworm 5 ft under an indicator, the fly was out 2 mins and big take that broke me, and again the next take broke me so set up another bloodworm, this take was more solid and I landed a lovely 3lber. I caught a further 8 fish on the bloodworm. Paul landed a further 3 on a bloodworm i gave him.

Things went quiet and is started to rain and the fish decided to go deep, I fished the bloodworm for another wee while and then changed back to Diawl bach and buzzer combo but opted for a red headed buzzer as the olive buzzer was in a fish's mouth at the bottom of the lake. I fished the buzzers and diawl bach's on a very slow figure 8 retrieve and BANG fish on but it got off so flies back out again and another fish took the buzzer, at this point the rain was pelting down so I decided to tackle down and head home, as did Paul. We headed back to the lodge and had a chat with Fred and let him know how the day had gone.

So overall a throughly enjoyable day with 17 excellent fish (a personal best for me) and Paul ended up with 4 but sure who's counting...... lol.

Here are a few pictures of fish from throughout the day



1 comment:

thebigandyt said...

Hi Chris, welcome to the high speed lifestyle of maintaining a fishing blog