Thursday 18 September 2008

Tildarg Fishery - 18th September 2008

I woke this morning with the intention of heading to either Murloc or Movilla, at 9 am i phoned Movilla and got the usual "its fishing brillantly" response which i know from experience means it aint lol I hadnt slept well the night before, I was still tying flies at 4am so I decided to fish TIldarg instead, and another bonus is that I get to fish it for free. I quick run to Woodford to pick up some supplies and I was at Tildarg for 11am.

I initially set up with a diawl bach on the point and an olive buzzer and headed off up the bank, with a couple of fish rising but no takes or bites so thought I might have a better chance in the boat. I anchored up along the far bank quite close to the weeds, a couple of casts and a smashing take on a black buzzer (see pic below). With the fish landed, I fished for another 20 mins or so and moved on bottom corner of the lake beside the dead trees, I had a bite here and had a fish on that went down into the weeds and I had to snap the line and sacrifice 2 flies, all part of the game.

I moved the boat to near the middle of the lake after seeing a couple of fish moving. I anchored up and changed to a size 12 black buzzer on the point and a size 16 black buzzer with red head(also in pic below). BANG!!! fish on the dropper, it gave me a good scrap. Fish netted and it was back to fishing, 2 casts later and I wasnt paying attention and SMASH, a fish hit me like an express train and broke my dropper off. With a new cast tied up, I fished on for another 30 mins with another bite but nothing else.


At this point (3pm) my mate, Marty had arrived and after a bite to eat and not much happening fishing wise he talked me into going to his hide and having a pop at some crows with the shotgun. I got the only crow of the day which wasnt bad for my first time.


A wee bit of clay pigeon shooting and it was back to the fishery at about 5pm. I had another bite to eat and headed up the bank with the buzzers on again. With plenty of fish moving at this point I thought buzzers would do the trick but no it fell to the trusty Moorbrook bloodworm on a 14 ft leader fished with a slow figure 8 retrieve. 2 fish hit me like express trains and with them safely landed and releashed, another fish hit me and got off and then the rain forced a halt to play so I packed up and headed home.

No comments: