Friday 12 September 2008

Woodford Fly Fishery - 5th September 2008

Woke up this morning at 9am and nearly fell back asleep and then I remembered I was planning on going fishing, quick phonecall to Darren to see how the weather was and then it was all stations go. I arrived a Woodfrod just after 10am. A warm greeting from Darren and a cup of his finest tea and i got set up, opting for a buzzer on the dropper and a diawl bach on the point. Met Alan (AMC) and after a quick chat I set off up the bank. Also met Michael (Fossil Fish) away, another quick chat lol and it was time to fish. A strong NE wind was blowing, forcing my line into the weed beds along the bank, fustrating me a lot. Moved back round to the towards the lodge and saw a couple of fish moving on the surface, fished this spot for about 30 mins and cast over a rising trout and hooked the wee blighter, a subtle take and a good fight. The fish was approx 1lb 8oz and fully finned and fell to the diawl bach. I fished on for an hour or so and changed my black buzzer to a size 12 olive buzzer and BANG a solid take and a super fight from a 2lb rainbow again fully finned. With the fish netted we went for a bite to eat of Darren's "Healthy" Fry's lol with the rain and wind getting worse, we decided to brave the elements. Michael hit into a fish with a buzzer under the indicator and then he had to go to work so Alan and I headed into the lodge and grabbed a drink, Alan was quick to head back out, I was not lol after a chat with darren and davy I went back out for a few more hours, a couple of touches on the buzzer and no results i tried a daddy on the surface, no interest so I switched to the intermediate line, with a cormorant and then a hot head damsel and a zonker, no touches at all. I decided to call it a day and headed into the lodge and tackled down. Alan got a fish and lost 1 before he left. It was a pleasure to meet Alan and Michael and thank you Darren for an enjoyable day despite it being so wet lol.

No comments: