Monday 22 September 2008

Murloc Angling and Rural Pursuits - 22nd September 2008

Arrived just before 10am and after a quick chat with Fred I got set up, opting initialy for an olive buzzer on the point and a small black and red buzzer on the dropper after Fred mentioning claret had been working well. I set off around the lake to the far bank. The weather seemed to be against me with bright sunshine and not much of a ripple, thus not many fish where moving but I cast out the buzzers in anticipation of a take but no, nothing so i switched to a claret buzzer and again nothing so after 45mins I put a diawl bach on the point, a couple of wee tugs but nothing to write home about.

I switched to the old faithful, Moorbrook Bloodworm, fished 4/5 ft under an indicator. This resulted in 2 top quality fish in 2 casts. I fished the bloodworm for another hour or so, missing plenty of fish. I then hooked a lovely fish about 2lb 8oz. It was just before 2pm and I fished for another hour, missing at least 10 more fish but that is the nature of the game. I was working at Tildarg at 5pm so I packed up and headed home.

No comments: